Thursday, April 10, 2008

Entry #1


My thoughts on Animal Farm


I enjoyed reading Animal Farm, because it was fun to compare the character in the story and the real character. I felt scary reading this novel, because there might be some dictators like Napoleon in this world. Napoleon and Snowball in the story were very interesting pigs. Both pigs had leadership and had more abillity than other animals. It was interesting to see them trying to persuade animals as if they are humans (election).


Napoleon's dictatorship was just like any other human dictators in the world. He used his power for himself, and he exiled animals that goes against his words. He knew how to force other animals around. Although he was not smart enough to use his power to good purposes it was fun to watch a pig rulling other animals.


Snowball was a very smart character, however he did not have enough power to fight back. He knew how to use human knowledge for themselves, and he was the one who knew what to do for their future. It was also fun to watch a cute and smart pig trying to make a windmill.


Animal Farm was a very good allegory novel to read. Although it made me feel scary about pigs, I think it was more effective than just a novel about a human dictator. Pig dictator will be stay in my memory longer than human dictator.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Lord of the flies I don't really understand this book